SPINE

Sunday, July 8, 2012

T and I: Dill

A lot of planning goes into the making of food in the house of T and I.

T does most of the conceptualizing, the preparation, the choosing, and the final execution.

I does the grunt work, like the fetching of the materials, the chopping, the washing, etc.

Today, T planned a salmon in a lush bed of dill. The dill has been fascinating T for a while. She had heard of it yet had never had it. T had been questing for dill for some time.

I had frequented the local market in search of dill, but the dill had proved to be elusive. The disappointment on T's face had been vivid. Or, you could say, her face had been livid with disappointment.

On July 6, I had nailed the dill! A bunch of dill was bought and stored in the refrigerator. This morning, the dill was chopped; T had watched a video on You Tube to make sure that the dill was chopped the right way.

Ah the fragrance of the dill--dill-icious! The dill smells truly grand, and the apartment is now bathed in scented oil-like fragrance.

T and I can't wait to savor the food tonight...


No comments :

Post a Comment