SPINE

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

T and I: likes/dislikes

T often queries I, "What is it that you like?"

The assumption is that a person is defined by what she likes. You see so many pretty and cozy websites--little virtual homes--in which people define who they are through a list of things they like or are "inspired" by.

The idea is to help viewers/visitors capture the essence of the person at a glance.

T has a strong virtual presence and everywhere T has a footprint, you will find the footprints to be strong. for framed they are by a list of things that T is or likes.

It's easy for the likes of T to state their likes. For the likes of T have a finite number of likes. You see, the likes of T are the discerning types. They like very precise and distinct things.

It's not that easy for the likes of I to state their likes. The likes of I like an infinite number and variety of things and the liking is often dependent on the particularities of the context in which I encounters what she sees, feels, hears, reads, smells, listens etc (there are exceptions: If I smells foul odor, she dislikes it regardless of context).

But there are a finite number of things that I dislikes: I dislikes mint, dark chocolate, dark chocolate pizza (the one served by Bald Man on Broadway), licorice (and by default aniseed), asafoetida.

No comments :

Post a Comment