SPINE

Sunday, April 7, 2013

This fish, this fish


I wonder what country singer Faith Hill would have sung if the "fish" had replaced the "kiss."

I envision it to be a high pitched encomium with "This fish, this fish..." 

I'd like songs dedicated to the food we eat; T and I eat good food frequently, and at home, because as I've mentioned in vignettes of "T & I's" life, T is a marvelous cook with the kind of inventiveness and velvet thumb (I imagine the "velvet thumb" to be the culinary equivalent of the horticulturist's "green thumb") that would put the champion chefs on Food Network's "Chopped" show to shame.

So we have adopted as our personal favorite, this fish, which is baked salmon.

The recipe is an adaptation of Bobby Flay's salmon with olive vinaigrette, with merlot as a substitute for the red wine vinegar prescribed by Flay. Also, gone are the olives.

The marinating sauce is comprised of the following:

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Oven preheated to 350 degree

Best results are obtained if salmon is left inside the deep sea of marinating sauce for at least 6 hours.

This fish, this fish,
[...] is a perpetual bliss

No comments :

Post a Comment