SPINE

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wondrous excerpts

A list of excerpts from recent works of fiction and poetry:

Once upon a time there was a leper colony in Jamaica (Alice Williams, The Last Warner Woman)

The whole country is in a duel and we want no part of it (Cathy Park Hong, Engine Empire)

All that I have I carry on me (Herta Muller, Hunger Angel)

I was not allowed to have a gun (Benjamin Busch, Dust to Dust)

Praise this world, Rilke says, the jerk (Alien Vs. Predator, a poetry collection)

The one clear thing I can say about Wednesday, the worst and most amazing day of my life: it started out beautifully (Rajesh Parameshwaran, I am an Executioner: Love Stories)

---noise background, My getting out or what?! Sergio De La Pava, A Naked Singularity)

For besides beaver teeth, my/love had more pocks on/his face than a watermelon//has seeds (Jane Springer, Murder Ballad, a poetry collection)

It looks like Oz (Bill Clegg, Ninety Days: A Memoir of Recovery)




No comments :

Post a Comment